Thursday, June 18, 2009

Slow Driving

I drive slow with my trailer. At least in comparison to what I hear from others. I remember one Casitia pilot on a blog or in a forum that was singing the praises of his friction anti sway bar because when he had a blowout at 75 mph it helped him control the trailer. Well and good if it wasn't for the tires which were designed for 6O mph max and a trailer speced the same and besides, who knows how it was loaded?

I have no trouble rolling along at a steady 60 but I do have trouble driving on the interstates due to the angst it seems to cause other drivers and the neck-knotting defensive posture I find myself in. So I stay off the interstates as much as possible and cruise the back roads where I don't annoy anyone.

An example of staying off interstates is the first leg of my trip next week. Kanab to Winnemucca NV. The 590 miles will be a 12 hour drive averaging 50 mph. The Great Basin is quite different... an entertaining drive especially on the back roads. Here is the map.





Add Image

1 comment:

  1. I am with you there, Ron. The world is way too fast as it is. I always seek the narrow route.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete