Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Matchlight

I just tossed a lit match on the Alaska trip. Woosh!
Just kidding.
I'm going. Paid the reservations.

I'll give a breakdown of ferry costs as I go.
Ordered Milepost 09, a new camping Alaska book, and a roadside fishing book.
Maps are coming together.. this trip will take a month it looks like.

Note: Milepost is good but not put together very well and it is infested with advertising. Nevertheless it is indispensable in my opinion (this is not my first rodeo)

I'll be driving north to Prince George BC then over to Prince Rupert and taking ferry rides to Skagway and returning the Cassier Highway to Kitawanga-Prince George.
The Alaskan Highway (nee ALCAN) is too busy and too fast and no where near as beautiful.
Maps will be posted here too.

Leave ideas or requests here if you have them (comments)

1 comment: